Tips for Visiting
While we welcome visitors, family and friends on a daily basis, there are some basic guidelines that we ask everyone to follow.
Plan your visit — check out any tours we may be offering or special events on our website!
Amenities — we have a public restroom (during business hours), parking spaces, and an air conditioned visitors center/office with walking tour maps.
Group Visits — we welcome large groups but we ask that you schedule your visit at least two weeks in advance. Please contact the office to schedule your reservation (please see below for additional information).
Have a club or group that may be interested in local history? Consider bringing them to Oakwood Cemetery!
Did you know that book clubs, church groups (of all ages), photography clubs and meet-up groups visit Oakwood Cemetery year round? We would love to host your group as well. But please follow our Hours and Policies.
We ask that all visitors:
- Help us protect our monuments — do not lean or step on our monuments. Watch your step as you walk so you don’t trip over any monuments or curbing.
- Do not bring their pets. Out of respect for the families that have chosen and continue to choose Oakwood Cemetery as their final resting place, we do not allow pets on the property.
- Feel free to photograph our landscape, plants, and wildlife for your own enjoyment. We only request that you do not photograph any funerals. If you are taking photographs for commercial purposes, please contact the office before coming.
- We welcome joggers, bicyclists and baby strollers. But please be mindful of where you are riding and share the roads with cars.
- Please refrain from smoking on our grounds.