Historic Oakwood Cemetery can assist you in your pre-planning process. Taking care of these end-of-life details can be a great gift to your loved ones. Pre-planning can include planning for your own services and those of your family. You may also consider purchasing lots for future generations of your loved ones.
The process of pre-planning can give you and your family great peace of mind, knowing that your family and friends do not have to take care of these details during an emotionally difficult time. This frees your family to be able to focus on their grieving and not worry about ensuring that your wishes are being followed.
There are also financial benefits to pre-planning. By purchasing now, you lock in to today's prices.
Oakwood Cemetery can assist you as you start this pre-planning process.
Do I want to be buried in a casket or cremated? Do I prefer in ground burial or entombment in a mausoleum?
Traditional Burial or Cremation? A permanent resting place is still important regardless of whether you prefer a traditional burial or a cremation. Here are some reasons why.
- All friends and family have a special place to visit and remember.
- At Historic Oakwood Cemetery, friends and family can visit, bring a flower or make a dedication in honor of a birthday, anniversary or any special occasion.
- All friends and family members can visit a neutral location without anyone's permission or knowledge.
- Historic Oakwood Cemetery will always be here, open to visitation by one and all.
- Historic Oakwood Cemetery will always provide a permanent record of your loved one's life, with their name and brief history for all to see.
- Your loved ones deserve the respect of being interred in our sacred and meaningful ground.
- Every life has value; at Historic Oakwood Cemetery no one is forgotten.
- Historic Oakwood cemetery is a place to mourn, find solace and to honor life.
Selecting Interment Space
Once a decision has been made about traditional burial v. cremation, families can then focus on the selection of interment space. Historic Oakwood Cemetery has multiple burial and interment options for both traditional and cremated remains. Staff at the cemetery can give you a tour of the grounds, and you of course may explore on your own. We've found that this type of decision is one that families know when it "feels right." With a community mausoleum with crypt and niche space to shared obelisks for cremation options, Historic Oakwood Cemetery ensures that families feel welcome before during and after their time of need.
If you would like to schedule a visit please call our office at 919.832.6077. We have a price lists and maps available in the office and online (link). We proudly invite you to see for yourself Historic Oakwood Cemetery's grounds. Where past, present and future meet.
Historic Oakwood Cemetery strives to commemorate the lives and memories of North Carolina families. We take great pride in serving families for over 144 years and we are committed to provide comfort for families not just on the days that they need us, but for generations.